View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I just think that a church needs to take care of its members every bit as much as its members need to take care of their church. If one is in need, we are all in need. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link kinda thinking.

Im sad that I grew up in such a tight knit, here if you need me, and mean it kinda church and now I live in a place that you can tell them you have a brain tumor, MS and are going blind and you cant get the pastor to call.

I tithe, to you would think based on that alone, I would get someones attention when I am not there. (it means I give a full 10% of my income BEFORE taxes) its not my money, its God's money. I have been taught that since I was a child. Since I am not going to church the money goes to other projects like local hungry kids, food banks, and so on. Still makes me wonder that if they dont miss me, and they dont miss the money, and they dont miss my sparkly singing voice, and they dont miss those I give rides to or sit with when they are ill...what would it take? I dont do any of it for accolades or recognition, but I cant help but scratch my head. I have taken my efforts away from the church and have been branching out on my own, but I miss it. I miss what I think of in my head as a good church.

What I have now makes me upset. Thank you for sharing your stories. Im struggling with life in this back water burg and church has always been a refuge for me. I cant even say that here.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (05-14-2011)