View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 08:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim0918 View Post
Yup, I had one 3 weeks ago. Did not have as much problem with the PD meds afterward. I think that was because they gave me propofol (Michael Jackson) cocktail. So I went home and slept. I lost 6 pounds on that plan! I went for reflux and constipation so bad that after 3-4 days it would let loose and if I wasn't on the throne it was a mess, no warning! I go back for a REPEAT upper GI exam, they found an ulcer and want to check on it from my prior upper GI.
I ended up in the ER today because of this mess..I took my meds at 7:00 am, and by 8:00 am I was as frozen as the Tin Man..I litterally could not walk one step..I have never had to be put in a wheelchair untill today..It was the only way I could get into the hospital..By the time I was half way through getting hydrated I had gone through 3 doses of Stalevo, and absolutely nothing was happening..I couldnt move at all, and could barely talk..I told the nurse and the Dr that when my meds kick in, you cant tell that I have pd

Half way through the second bag of fluid, my meds finally kicked in, and I felt like a million bucks..This was at about 3:00 in the afternon..When the bag was empty, they told me I was good to go home..The nurse brought the wheelchair over, asked me if I needed help getting up, and I said "no, Im all set"..When I got up and started walking out of that place like there was nothing wrong with me, the nurse was mortified..He has the look on his face like he had just witnessed a miracle

I could hear him talking to someone in the background about it as I was walking out

The hospital was Charlton Memorial in Fall River Ma..The care there is excellent