View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 12:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Thanks so much Big foot, I have now found a neurosurg here in NZ who is familiar with CK and am booked in to see him next month. I guess my case is more complicated than it could be in that I've had extensive surgery and radiotherapy already, so the scarring and damage from this is probably causing as much trouble as the tumour itself, Anyway, certainly I won't be giving up! How are things for you now? I hope you have been able to make a full recovery. I look forward to hearing from you again if time allows, Best wishes, G

I don't know where your surgeon came up with the notion that CyberKnife was dangerous..
I just underwent CyberKnife treatment for my Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia two days ago. This was done on the base of my brain. While I can't claim a lot of good results just yet, I can tell you that it is completely non-invasive and done as professionally as you would expect. Each case is not handled like a conveyer belt operation but by a skilled team of Doctors including 3 neurosurgeons, a Radiation Oncologist, Physicist, two nurses and two radiation therapists. Mine was done at the CyberKnife Center in St. Paul MN.
I'm a little on the headachy side right now and have an upset stomach but I'm told that it will dissipate soon.

Please seek the advice of a Neurosurgeon that has seen the results of the CyberKnife before making further plans.[/QUOTE]
gretel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote