View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 06:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Topomax and toe numbness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiathedragongirl View Post
Hi guys, been a forumite for years, glad to find the boards back! Long history of mostly weird stuff, but pertinent details include viral encephalitis that affected my right side and left me with SP epilepsy which I take Topamax for. Complicated migraine, and chronic fatigue, although I think that may be a generalised name for something else lurking and yet to be discovered .

When I got the encephalitis I had bodywide twitching etc which I put down to BFS. That has settled. When I went onto the Topamax I got the classic finger, toe and face tingling and that pretty much settled too (been on T for about 3 years now), except for my toes. The tingling seems to have remained.

It worsens if I sit and put pressure on them (like they are scrunched up) or when walking for a while, or in shoes with pressure. Sometimes it is just out of the blue. Sometimes it is massive tingling, often it is just numbness. It seems to have worsened in the last 12 months. I have also developed blueness in my fingers and toes with cold (Reynauds??) and have temp intolerance all round (heat and cold). When I'm tired I also get a restless right leg, which is my "bad" side - odd I only get it in the one leg tho'!

I take supplements on and off, magensium for migraine, B12 etc. Pretty good diet, but it could always be better Any thoughts? Thanks
I used Topomax from August 2005 through November 2005 and my toes are still numb from it. Other side effects are that food never tastes the same again. Cramping and numbness can be relieved by massage and hot bath massages. The FDA needs to look into this drug not only for the birth defects it caused but for the blood circulation problems it is causing for years after being taken.
Reallady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote