View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny1 View Post
hi Jeff, if it wasn't for this place, none of us would have an outlet. Thankfully we do and with people who understand our daily battles, so please do not apologize. Our lives do change forever and that I believe is the hardest hurdle to overcome (for me at least). I am 40, worked for 25 years, college educated, always independent even in my marriage and now this big wammie! OMG, frost it with pain, throw in people who don't understand it, and add a bunch of doctors who really don't know what to do with us...yea I would say our stress level is a bit on the high side most days (which is exactly what our body does not need to fuel this ugly beast)

All I can offer you is what I do, wrap yourself in a nice warm electric blanket, get a book or magazine (something you can get lost in and think about nothing else for an hour) have some hot tea or cocoa and let your brain and body just rest, completely relax. We need time to regroup ourselves. As much as the internet is helpful, I think we consume our life researching answers that may
not be there and think about nothing else in our lives, especially the things that make us smile and before we know it, another day has passed us by...so whether we spend it consuming ourselves with the "beast" in pain or spend it
with happier things/people, our bodies will feel the same, but how will our minds feel? That may make a big difference!!
Be well!
Dear Jeff....

My thoughts are with you as many here... We all feel the grip of our painful RSD... It is not easy nor is this a disease meant for the weak..That in it's self tells a bunch for each of us...strong, determined.. Crushed, oh yes but we are willing to see this thru... As crazy as this sounds...I can only turn this ugly animal into a positive in order to live with it...It's one thing to say I believe it but I have to trust my instincts... My feeling is I have RSD in Order to get in touch with my more softer, more appreciative side..not that I have not always loved my life and those in it but...RSD has taught me to live in simpler terms..to laugh from my gut and love from my heart... I have had RSD, now generalized..whole body .. 4 years and counting...not always have I been able to see this disease and my involvement in such crystal clear terms..but lately I have hit a plateau in realizing how I fit in my new life..wrapping my heart around the less desirable part of my new life...RSD, it's incurable... Treatments are dangling carrots which are so hard to have... I just know when I can feel the love around me, laughing replaces me tears and somehow for some reason... I know swimming against against the tide with this pain is so exhausting... Reserving my energy for the survival...this is a bumpy windy road but know that none of us are alone... I just try to find that happy side of the road as RSD does not deserve to take us away our happy former lives...

Hugs, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (05-17-2011)