Thread: Supplements
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Kick the Opiods and the Nerve Meds

That was my major goal and achievement. Drive morphine from my system along with the neurontin and other pain management meds. In so doing, I did notice a drop in weight, that is, along with an increase in walking and riding my bike.

Such is not an attempt for the faint of heart or those who are unwilling to experience some pain the system will not handle; however, I have not popped a pain pill since last August 2010. Nope. Withdrawal was not fun. Ugly is a good word for it. My thread speaks of it.

Supplements, you bet- Cleo hogties me, forces my mouth open with a pair of pliers, and plops them, pill by pill in my mouth [ not really, but she is both conscience of great wisdom and my life manager- just ask her ]. We use the Juice Plus brand of supplements as they tend toward the natural, adding a few fish oil capsules, topped off with a few calcium and B-12 I think. She tries to keep me on this regularly, and I do try to comply.

I have no clue what the lasting effect of the supplements may be, but making the effort does tend to satisfy my wife of almost 38 years.

Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (05-17-2011), Sophie_ (05-20-2011), Twinkletoes (05-16-2011)