View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 01:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default visit to neurologist

I went to see the neurologist yesterday and it was not a happy experience so I feel the need to share with people who will understand.

Basically he did a physical examination and said he could find no evidence of any problems that all was normal. My blood test are normal and so are my nerve conduction tests. He said he would do a test called an Evoked Potential which I think measure the pathways of the nerves in limbs to the brain. I see from Liza Jayne website that it is also used for MS which is slightly freaking me out, not much because I don't have any of the classic MS symptoms.

Has anyone here had this test done?

When I asked about pain relief he said he would speak to my GP about this and then I was bundled out of the door. I explained to him that I had developed additional symptoms on top of the painful feet and tingling fingers i.e. bladder problem and my fizzy tongue (which I posted about a day or so ago). It was all very hurried I was with him for 15 mins tops, that what you get in the National Health Service in the UK. I am seeing my GP tomorrow so hopefully he will be able to give me more information and some pain relief that works.

Anyway although it was all a bit hurried at least he is continuing to investiage things with further tests, although I am now getting sacred about what the test will show is going on with me.

Thanks all for being here.
Lupin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote