View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 09:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betsykk View Post
I wouldn't get too hung up over seeing the doctor constantly. My daughter's doctors (she gets them done in NY and DC) might show up in the beginning to say hi and check in but the residents are the ones with the orders and the nurses do all of the work.
This is SOOO true - And the quality of the facility is especially true if you are checking into a hospital for the high dose or "inpatient" treatment. There are hospitals where the care is reputed to be outstanding - such as Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. Hahnemann, on the other hand, does NOT have such a great rep, despite having Dr. S. on board. Its nursing staff just doesn't care that much. The outpatient is OK, but inpatient care can be shaky...

Daniella, if you ever find something that works for your ears, would you please let me know? It is amazing how many aspects of your life the sound sensitivity can impact - my husband and I cannot eat out at most restaurants, or go to the movies, or watch TV together, etc. It's such a drag.

Dee - you got into the BI before they closed it to newcomers. Wow. Interesting. I understand the Arnold Pain Center is STILL closed to new patients, although for a while last year they said they were going to take new WC. They don't do a start-up protocol of 4 or 10 days, just the one day at a time, every 3-4 weeks....
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote