View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis

Yes, this is Abby doubting her diagnosis again... Because I'm seronegative, and because one doctor couldn't find evidence on the SFEMG, and because I have no eye symptoms. And becaus mestinon doesn't seem to help me at all.

What brought these doubts on is that yesterday I had an episode of intense weakness. I fell twice (the "slow collapse" kind of fall, where my legs just don't hold me up). These episodes come on me quite suddenly and intensely, and they don't seem to be related to my level of activity. I have general weakness through the day, too, and muscle fatiguablitiy. But these episodes, which I've had before, come over me all at once. I can feel the strength draining from my body.

So: how about HKPP! AnnieB6 mentioned this to me once, I think, a while ago. HKPP http://www.hkpp.org/faq/hypokalemic_...paralysis.html comes as attacks, but there are also "abortive attacks" which causes fluctuating daily weakness.

So, how am I supposed to tell MG and HKPP apart? I did have a response to my IVIG treatment--but perhaps that was a coincidence. I had only a week and a half of strength, about two weeks after the IVIG ended.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote