View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Feeling like yourself again

Thanks for your post Nikki. I am really confused about the concept of "feeling like myself again" since my concussion in a ski accident on March 10th. I work full time and found that I can be fired for medical reasons after 120 days of job protection by law. I have been more than motivated to recouperate and have hired a team of Dr.'s and clinicians that specialize in brain injury and am taking a host of meds due to my fear of losing my job. I have been feeling better, but was shocked at the meeting of my experts that the neuropsycologist said that "we" will have to see what kind of person you become. When I began to cry he said that he hoped I didn't think that I would be the same person I was after going through an experience like this. I agree with him now as the trauma is more than I have had to deal with. I am learning new coping skills and ways to live my life without sports or physical excercise for now

What I do want to feel is healthy and energetic again that would be like I used to be. I don't care what kind of a person I become (not mean I hope) as long as I am rid of the sickening headaches, nasea, fatigue, confusion and lonliness.
Sturgeon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JuliaBertha (07-30-2014)