View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 07:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been watching your thread and we have quite a few common symptoms. I am single, male, very early 40s and I stayed with my relatives for 1 year in the beginning and they have 2 small kids. I cannot entertain or do anything and hide in the basement. Later on my situation was causing trouble in the whole family relationship so I moved out and now I live in my own apartment with some assistance for which I pay (meals and cleaning). It is very quiet, nice park like setting etc., and thought my condition will improve. Nothing much changed and even I think it is getting worse.

I live in D.C. metro area and has access to all kinds of hospitals, therapies and I even have 2 insurances so mostly I don't even pay co-pay. All for nothing and no one can help so far. My recent rehab director seems to be very knowledgeable and even mentioned he went for a recent conference for mTBI/PCS and said I have to be persistent. Very frustrating since it has been 2 years.

I was suffering too whenever I go out. Also I have to take Xanax before I go out. Now I don't go out at all after I quit taking Xanax. Restaurants, malls, stores immediately makes me lightheaded like I am going to faint, headachy etc., Even talking over the phone I get headache and start perspiring in the armpit (when i am very dizzy). Bizzare. When I look at some one and talk their face slowly starts becoming blurry and I get brain fog. So I entertain no guests anymore and live in a hell. Pre-injury I was hardly at home and be happy when I can relax at home.

With t.v./computer I was like you for 3 months. Terrible I can understand. Looking at the wall doing nothing (ofcourse cannot sleep either) when the mind is racing is torture. Even now I can sleep 8-10 hours but every morning after I wake up and in 1 hour all my symptoms slowly settles in and stays with me until I go to sleep.

This is no way to live. I am not dealing well with my symptoms too and not sure how any one can. I honestly wish I lost my leg or hand than go through this unpredictability.
pcslife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote