View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 10:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by asutfin View Post
Hi, I am new to the group. I had foot surgery in 12/09 and ended up being diagnosed with RSD a few months later. I have been on Neurontin, Lyrica, done spinal nerve blocks, etc, etc.
I flew out of state and had Calmare Therapy and it put me in remission. I would absolutely recommend anyone with RSD to at least look into it. You can contact me if you want to ask questions that I might be able to answer.
Anyway, that is my story. I wouldn't wish RSD on ANYONE! It's horrible!!!

Sincerely,
Allison Sutfin
Hi Allison and welcome to the group. I'm sorry you suffer from RSD and I am happy you found relief with this treatment. I did go watch the CBS or was it ABC news video on it as I always curious when anyone states they've "found a cure" like this doctor stated.

What concerns me personally is when the reporter had it done and she said it felt like when you give blood, needle draw, but if it works then I guess it would be worth the pain of that, for some.

I wasn't happy at all that they used the terms "CRIPS". I had a newbie doctor following my regular doctor on rounds one day and came into my room saying so your the CRIPS, I looked him directly in the eye and said if you ever say or call me crip again, you will be one, his eyes got so big and my regular doctor smiled so big and said oh yes, she is serious; lesson learned.

But I didn't mean to get off subject, they said in that report that insurance is not covering it yet and that it costs about 3000, did you have to pay this amount?

Please know that I am very interested and I hope my post didn't come off sounding brash, I am in a flare right now so I hesitate to post but felt compelled to.

Again, I am so very very happy this is working for you and I pray it continues to. I'd love to hear more.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike: Your thoughts/research please

Dee
"Thanks for this!" says:
wswells (05-23-2011)