View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 04:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
I know there are so many posts about ketamine infusions so sorry to make another. I was wondering if people who have had this treatment could answer some of these questions.

1 Who did you have ketamine with and was it outpatient or inpatient? Were you happy with your doctors care?
2 Did anyone's pain get worse?
3 What percentage of pain relief do you feel you have? Are you doing boosters?
4 Any lasting side effects?
5 Any spread of RSD or new conditions that have happened?
6 Anything else you wish you would of asked or done?
Thank you for any feedback
Hi Daniella,

I had 3 5 day-inpatient ketamine treatments from 2005-2008. I had it done at the Hospital for Special Surgery and my doctor was Daniel Richman, MD at the time he was my Pain Managment doctor also. The care was excellant and he is a very smart caring doctor and a nice person. Great office staff. All the doctors in the pain department do ketamine. They do many other procedures ketamine is properly last on the list.

My pain did not get worse.

My RSD came with other things like migranes, not sleeping, fatique, and ofcourse the pain. Percentage I would say my pain decreased 70%. But I rarely get headaches,I actually sleep 7-8 hours at one time and the fatique is all but gone. I did my booster in PA with Dr. Scwartzman following the normal protocol. I also have seen Dr. Hertz out of St. Lukes in NYC for boosters. I have not had a booster in 2 1/2 years.. It's a real love hate relationship I have with ketamine, let's just say where not best friends.

I don't feel I had any long lasting side effects. I just didn't like the way it made my stomach feel while I was doing the infusion that was the hardest for me. I really never had halluncinations I would call it heavy dreaming but it was always positive.

No new conditions or spread. But I do have other conditions in the effected area so ofcourse the ketamine only worked for the RSD.

I was pretty well prepared. There is quite a list of pre-admission testing they require before they give the o.k. for anyone to have the procedure.

Hope I answered all your questions.

Good Luck.
Gabbycakes

Last edited by gabbycakes; 05-17-2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: spelling
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote