View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 02:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hi Catch,

I recently turned 50 and I have also been perimenopausal for about 10 years. I have had hot flashes and night sweats/cold sweats then about 4 years ago they stopped. I still get my periods like clockwork.

I was diagnosed with MS when I was 24 years old and have found the older I get the more my cycles effect the MS, temporarily. This happens twice a month for me (ovulation, menses).

To be menopausal you need to have gone 1 year without having a period.

There is a book you might find helpful --- Before the Change by Ann Louise Gittleman, PH.D. There is alot of helpful information in the book on dealing with the symptoms of perimenopause naturally.
In my case my sx start at ovulation and don't stop until after my period ends. So I have about 1 good week out of 4.

I know I'm not truly menopausal, however, it seems to me that the terms menopause, peri- or pre- menopause are sort of interchangeable. I think of the term menopause more like "adult puberty", where your body is in the process of change. Unfortunately, for me, and others like me, the process can be draining and difficult. At least I have this place to come to to vent and ask for advice.

Thanks for the book suggestion. I just downloaded samples of several books on menopause to my kindle. I'll add this to my list of fun stuff to read.

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-18-2012)