View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 04:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TM

Hi,

I was diagnosed with TM 4 years ago. I've been perscribed neuro drugs like lyrica and amatriplyne, neither did anything but make me so tired that i was boarder line sleeping behind the wheel.

I've taken myself off the drugs and have been living this way for more than a year. The only relief i've been able to find between the constant spasms and RLS is to take high doses of motrin / ibprofin (usually between 1200 - 1800mg). I'm aware that this is probally not good, but it beats getting addicted to the mutiple amount of painkillers i've been pushed. I have countless perscriptions for t3's, oxycodone...etc.. I refuse to become drug dependant.

I've managed to get on the wait list for the MS reasearch clinic at UBC hospital and my appointment is next week, it's been a long journey to get this far which included firing 3 neurologists because in thier opinion "you'll just get better" when clearily due to severity of symptoms and frequancy i was not.

I've been doing alot of research into TM and MS prepairing for my day long list of appointments and I've noticed something. TM develops quickily over a period of hours or a week, is this what happens in every case?

I ask because I want to prepair myself for what's ahead. My symptoms started in December and got increasing worse over a period of 9 months tapering off in september. another thing that baffles me is that my symptoms do not affect my legs at all just everything from the waist up.

should I be worried?
allybear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote