View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 06:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Temporal arteritis

I know for my age i shouldn't have this. But for me i seem to fit the profile of symptoms. I have fatigue, and i get vessel spasms in my head. actually right in the temporal(temple) area. They could be related to headache, but does a headache also cause cognitive symptoms. along with a feeling that something is wrong. and when the spasms happen i know that something is wrong, because all the energy is sucked out of my body. I know it's not cluster or migraine. cause the pain isn't so bad that i have trouble with bright light, or nausea.

And funny thing is the only drug, that really fixed it, and the cogntive problems associated with it was topamax. which i believe works on the temporal lobe. But again the side effects with that were too much to handle, or maybe there is a similar drug that hits temporal lobe out there. does lamictal hit that?

i tried to eliminate all excititoxins, from diet sodas(or soda in general) cause i knew it had an effect on me. but does sucralose(splenda) count? my father gets a lot of sugar free type puddings or ice cream sandwiches out there. the ice cream sandwiches he eats are the skinny cows, and i cant seem to find the artificial sugar they use in it(it just says sugar alcohols.

fatigue, insomnia, migraine issues

neurontin
omega 3 fish oil, b complex,
acid blocker(famotidine)
Lopressor
NAC
low dose aspirin

Former, experience in:
Prozac
bruegger84 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote