View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 08:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help for my 76 year old father !!!

My dad is going on 76 years old and has had uncontrolable Migraines with occasional earaches and dental/jaw issues with the cause for his uncontrolled headaches undiagnosed for 2 years now. The poor man can't take much more.

We thought the Neurontin he was taking was working... it did for a couple of months, now the hehadaches are back with avengance.

He has had Catscans, MRI's visits to pain clinics, multiple Neurologists and has uttered comments that lead me to believe he is nearling the end of what he can tolerate. He is taking Vicodyn and Lortab to dull the pain when it gets really bad....on top of his 800mg Motrin's and he is afraid, like I am he will become addicted to the narcotics.

I live in Michigan, so does he, in the Detroit area.... and after reading underlying symptoms/causes for Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia.... I think this may be close to what he is living with. He has 4 out of the possible symptoms.

Can anyone suggest a Doctor to start with in the U of M Neurology Dept? It appears there might be several doc's he might start with... and I have no clue.

Please email me if you would as I don't know when I will check this again... kroehrig at acteonnet.com is my email. This will not let me put in the @ symbol because I guess I have not done enough posts to share an email address

Thank you to anyone that might be able to help me with a starting point.... I am desperate to help my dad....

Kurt Roehrig
kurtroehrig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote