View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 07:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I have TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Mom View Post
Hi, everyone! I thought I'd jump on here and intoduce myself. I was DXed last week with Trigeminal Sensory Neuropathy. Does anyone know anything about this? I've done some google searches but most of the information is old research studies or directs me to TN websites. Are these the same conditions? If not, how does it differ than TN? Thanks for any information you can provide! Karate Mom

I am a newbie! In November 2010 I was diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia, meds did not work to stop the attacks so in February 2011 I had MVD surgery. My surgery was 6 hours long followed by 2 days in ICU and 2 days in a regular hospital room. I immediatley suffered from numbness on the right side of my face from just below my nose to my jaw including half my mouth and tongue. And just in front of my right ear. I also have severe itching and tingleing and still have small attacks which are more annoying than painful. My docs say this is normal for awhile after MVD but is has been 3 months. More recently I have pain when any pressure is put on the sight of my incision is this all really normal? Any thoughts?
beth bailey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote