View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Kelly - That does make sense. I do have numb spots but they have gotten better since the flare. I couldn't feel water hitting the areas while in the shower and anything touching those spots would feel weird. I only take gabapentin for the pain. But it doesn't seem to be doing a good job lately as I am having a lot of breakthrough pain. And upping the does of it is not an option as I react horribly to the increase. I am only on a small dose, 900 mg a day. Heat and ice helps and I made my own magnesium cream and that helps as well. Plus, the magnesium cream absorbs in to my system and bypasses the digestive system so don't have those side effects.

Debbie - A golf ball is a good way to describe it. I feel that too sometimes in my lower rib area. I too was tested for kidney problems back in January when I went to the ER for severe tremors. All tests showed up negative. I've had ultrasounds in that area and nothing showed up. I additionally had an ultrasound of my kidney's, bladder, etc., all of which were negative. There is just nothing there in that area, meaning, internal organs. And all testing has been negative. But still, I feel that same ball feeling. I also feel that in my left hamstring all the time and when my butt goes in to spasm - it's like sitting on a golf ball.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sometimes when the pain gets so bad I start thinking the worst. It's always nice to know that others are experiencing something similar, if not the same.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-18-2011), Kitty (05-18-2011), Lady (05-22-2011)