View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The lowest was 113 that did not change all night.

This morning I had 119... pretty close. Home monitors are not that good. So it is within the 10 pt tolerance I allow.

It is possible the fenugreek active agent dilutes out with the ginger ale. Maybe it needs to be concentrated for best absorption. I looked around and it is thought to be a form of leucine --an amino acid.

Quote:
Diabetes. 1998 Feb;47(2):206-10.
4-Hydroxyisoleucine: a novel amino acid potentiator of insulin secretion.
Sauvaire Y, Petit P, Broca C, Manteghetti M, Baissac Y, Fernandez-Alvarez J, Gross R, Roye M, Leconte A, Gomis R, Ribes G.
Source

Laboratoire de Recherche sur les Substances Naturelles Végétales, Université Montpellier II, France.
Abstract

We report the characterization of a new insulinotropic compound, 4-hydroxyisoleucine. This amino acid has been extracted and purified from fenugreek seeds, which are known in traditional medicine for their antidiabetic properties. 4-Hydroxyisoleucine increases glucose-induced insulin release, in the concentration range of 100 micromol/l to 1 mmol/l, through a direct effect on isolated islets of Langerhans from both rats and humans. The stimulating effect of 4-hydroxyisoleucine was strictly glucose dependent; indeed, ineffective at low (3 mmol/l) or basal (5 mmol/l) glucose concentrations, the amino acid potentiated the insulin secretion induced by supranormal (6.6-16.7 mmol/l) concentrations of glucose. In addition, in the isolated perfused rat pancreas, we could show 1) that the pattern of insulin secretion induced by 4-hydroxyisoleucine was biphasic, 2) that this effect occurred in the absence of any change in pancreatic alpha- and delta-cell activity, and 3) that the more glucose concentration was increased, the more insulin response was amplified. Moreover, 4-hydroxyisoleucine did not interact with other agonists of insulin secretion (leucine, arginine, tolbutamide, glyceraldehyde). Therefore, we conclude that 4-hydroxyisoleucine insulinotropic activity might, at least in part, account for fenugreek seeds' antidiabetic properties. This secretagogue may be considered as a novel drug with potential interest for the treatment of NIDDM.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
I am going to take it later in the day, say before bedtime now. See if that is better. I liked it in late afternoon, as it helped with my digestion then. The tea seems to have other effects for me too, besides the glucose moderation. It is helping my gall bladder issues nicely.

iherb has a methi seeds on it. Not expensive at all. Both types.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote