View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I'm glad you're going to give your body a chance to get back in balance but sorry that your family is giving you a hard time. I guess that's where I have it a little easier. I'm sort of on my own when it comes to decisions about my health care. But, knowing how misunderstood MS is it's not surprising that folks who don't have it seem to think that "one size fits all" when it comes to treatments.

Rebif and some of the other DMD's do actually work for some people but, unfortunately for me, my body didn't like any of them. And I tried. My Neuro still tries to get me to go back on Betaseron. I finally asked him once why he'd want me to take something that clearly wasn't helping me and possibly making me sicker. He hesitated and then said that the DMD's are the only thing we have and I should be grateful that I have the chance to take them. Guilting me into it isn't going to work. I had made up my mind and no amount of scare tactics from him was going to sway me.

I've been off of Beta now for three years. I've modified my diet quite a bit. Cut out the sugar and high fructose corn syrup. I do take LDN and that has helped me immensely. I think that and the supplement regimen has been the most helpful. Antioxidants and vitamins (D3 and B12 in particular) play a big role in feeling better.

I still have MS and no amount of diet or diet plus supplements is going to change that but it's at a level I can tolerate and I feel so much better overall than I did taking the DMD's and other meds prescribed for MS symptoms. Many of my symptoms have gone away or gotten much less severe. I feel better being more in charge of my health and well-being. I hope you will, too.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (05-18-2011), Dejibo (05-18-2011), dmplaura (05-18-2011), SallyC (05-18-2011)