View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarcyn View Post
I have a hug very similar to you Trish. I still take a little Baclofen for the tightness. Not sure it works enough to spend the $.

I used to take gabapentin but it never really seemed to do anything for the pain.

During the daytime, I just deal with all my sx's. By evening, the hug is strong and the pain has increased.

I am experimenting with MMJ. Smoking will give the quickest results but my lungs can't handle it. I tried a vaporizer but even though the effect was immediate, my lungs still knew there was a foreign element.

Both came with a "high" that was unpleasant. I am now trying edibles in various doses/flavors of desserts. I actually like it in that it suits my sweet tooth and is not as strong as smoking.

I will probably get a MMJ card soon. I have an appt with the neuro next week. He may or may not be on board with it but I am sure I will find a doctor to help with the paperwork.
Thanks, Cyn! Man, it's so good to know that others go through this.

As for the MMJ, I wouldn't even know where to find a dispensary. I know they had an article in your paper about some healing center that wanted to offer MMJ. The landlord was NOT on board with it and that seems to be an issue throughout the state.

A while back someone on here, I think it was Kay, mentioned putting it in butter and using it that way. I have been asked by a few people if I was going to get my card now that it is legal. I haven't decided on that one. I don't want to get an unpleasant high like what you experienced. I just want relief.

Plus, as I lay here in bed almost flat on my back, I keep looking at my Ativan bottle and keep debating and asking myself . . ."Is it bad enough to take one?" I know it helps some but I just can't get myself to take them. I am so bad about that and would probably be the same way with MMJ.

Baclofen really didn't help and it made me irritable and hungover and just feeling like carp! I tried it for a week at full dose and then the neuro had me take 1/2 tablet. Even the 1/2 did that to me and it really didn't help the hug much.

As I mentioned in Dej's thread, valium worked great, I think. One valium will knock me out for a day and a half. LOL Even 1/4 of a dose knocks me out some.

That is how I ended up with Ativan.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-18-2011)