View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 03:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

Mark, I know that the results of the CT scan most likely will not change anything, including how my PCS is treated, but that “comfort and security” would be nice! One of the other reasons I was skeptical about the Elavil is because my doctor has flat-out said that it’s impossible that I have PCS because the neurologist I saw wrote down that concussion symptoms CANNOT develop six weeks following an accident, and that they CANNOT last this long (four months now). As she gave me the prescription for the Elavil, she said “You’re a very nervous person so I’m going to give you something for depression”, despite me not being depressed (but, yes, anxious about my symptoms as anyone would be, I think). I am a pretty small girl as far as body weight goes and usually most medications I take have some sort of symptoms and I couldn’t believe that my doctor would neither consider these nor discuss these with me (or give me any info about how to follow up about the Elavil, when to see her next after the 30 days are up). Just sort of a “take it and go” attitude.

My physiotherapist, an emergency doctor at a hospital and the eye doctor mine had me go see all say it’s PCS, but the neurologist disagreed (saying they are just migraines) so my family doctor looks to him as the overall expert opinion and does not want to send me to another one.

Question about the Elavil: Can the 10mg pills be broken in half, so that if I do decide to take it, I can take a 5mg dose at first?

And Dmom, I absolutely agree about the physio: I don’t know how I would get by without my x2 week visits! The headaches and neck pain usually subside for at least 8-12 hours after I leave.
kayseeah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote