View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Medtronic Strata Valve issues for NPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian richard View Post
I WONDER HOW MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE SUFFER ON GOING PROBLEMS WITH FAULTY SHUNTS I HAD A MEDTRONIC STRATA VALVE ADJUSTMENT BY MAGNET THAT KEPT LOSING ITS SETTING AFTER 13 TIMES. HAVE HAD IT REMOVED NOW NO PROBLEMS WITH HEADACHES NAUSEA ETC SINCE REMOVAL 3 MONTHS AGO, CAN ANYONE SUGGEST HOW I CAN START UP A GROUP TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW MUCH OF A PROBLEM THIS IS. WOULD LOVE TOO HEAR FROM OTHERS OUT THERE. THE MAKERS SAY IT CAN'T HAPPEN I HAVE KEPT CLEAR OF ANY MAGNETIC SOURCES. I HAVE HAD NO HELP FROM MY N.S OR MEDTRONIC REGARDING THIS PROBLEM. CAN ANYONE HELP
5-18-2011 I agree. There must be more people who have had issues with this medically popular valve...me for two! I also note there is a MAUDE who reported their experience and adverse event report, etc. Their problems resolved after their n.S. replace the Medtronic with an Integra, etc. I have also been given the run-around about issues with this valve. It is not what it's cracked up to be from an adult functional standpoint IMO. Positional headaches are likely due to "overdrainage". Been there done that.
Betty Kelly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote