View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 07:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I think it is hard to say.

Nitrous oxide... will affect nerves in one treatment.

But midazolam is a benzo... and those aren't typically hard on nerves. The benzos will have a anti-spasm effect, which may translate into soft muscles...but I would not expect one sided or only one limb. I would think all would be affected to some extent.

I am thinking it is a compressive thing. So many people have compressive issues, after surgeries. Just lying on your back may compress one side of your spine just enough if there were subtle problems there to begin with..

Midazolam does interact with other drugs however...so typing into a drug checker with your other meds would reveal that.

I'm guessing he just used the midazolam as an initial sedative, not the main course, so to speak. Would/could Nitrous oxide effect just one side?

I'm also starting to think it is from positional (compression), since it's not improving as the anesthesia wears off. Even the doctor made a brief mention of this as well. I think he's just hoping it was the anesthesia so it would be resolved in a few days.

In your experience with others having this type of problem, does it eventually improve...in a relatively short period of time?
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote