View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 11:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I didn't know that about meats. I have always wondered if I have a corn sensitivity, is it ok to eat meat if the animals have been fed corn? This is why I suggested the grass fed beef. I think you have to search around to find sources of grass fed livestock. Try this link to EatWild.

When I have a chance, I'll hunt down that zucchini avocado soup recipe from the Garden of Eating cookbook.

I didn't see sesame seeds as a no-no. If you can have sesame, baba gannoush is really good. I used to like to have this for lunch until I found out I couldn't have sesame any longer .

To make your own coconut milk, either get fresh coconut meat out of a coconut (time consuming, but fun for kids and better) or use dried shredded coconut. Either way, combine equal amounts of coconut with hot water in a blender. Blend for two minutes. Strain and then squeeze by hand the remaining liquid out of the rest of the coconut meat. The fresh coconut will be much richer and have more of the coconut cream in with the milk that you make.

Like Kim, I'm still thinking up ideas...

Claire