View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules A View Post
I'm all for doing what you feel is right for you but imvho I would not be comfortable stopping MS medication unless I had tried all of them and nothing was tolerable, especially for someone so young.

Maybe it is because I'm a nurse also and have seen so many horrible cases of MS but I have to side with your Mom and would be terrified if my daughter stopped one without trying something else.

Once the damage is done there often very little that can be done to repair it which frightens me and motivates me to take my Copaxone. I wish you all the best and perhaps you could seek a second physician's opinion?
I am definitely considering it, having no insurance, and no medicaid makes things quite difficult. That's why I rarely see my neuro as is, it's all through the phone.

I do worry about the permanent, irreversible damage, and my age as well. What also worries me is how bad mine all started off. I deteriorated pretty quick when it hit me, and my boyfriend observed it all. I went from normal to a completely uncoordinated, discombobulated mess. Speech/slowed slurred, my breathing was messing up while I was sleeping, choking on my beverage everytime I took a drink, couldn't get my right leg to move, my vision was doubled and foggy, the report from the ER says my eyes were skipping. Sleeping all the time, not remembering anything, laughing hysterically out of nowhere for unknown reasons (that creeped me out), the vertigo was horrid, I was spinning one way and the room was spinning the opposite way. tremors in my hands and legs. spasms and this electric shock on the right side of my brain. oh and the feeling of someone taking a potato peeler to the back of my eyeball all day long.

all of that started in the middle of the night one night in January of 09. It lasted until I was diagnosed, a month later.

I'm am really afraid of experiencing that again.
and I admit, I probably should check out all of the CRAB before I say no more, but I have found that I am one of those sensitive body types. I have the normal side effects and not as normal side effects to all the drugs I have tried already (medications for symptoms) and I have a feeling I am going to have trouble with others. I wouldn't be willing to try any of them but Copaxone. But I just don't want to put drugs into my body anymore. It honestly makes my heart sad. I feel bad because my loved ones are kinda mad at me/hurt that I am doing this. My best friend backs me all the way which helps, but I don't want to hurt my family/loved ones feelings

Thank you Kitty for posting what vitamins you are taking!

AynaDee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-19-2011), dmplaura (05-18-2011), ewizabeth (05-20-2011), Jules A (05-19-2011), Kitty (05-19-2011), SallyC (05-19-2011)