View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The anti-anxiety value of Paxil should help over time. It takes about 6 weeks to get the full effect of Paxil. If it can help you reduce your anxiety level, you may be able to tolerate more stimulation.

You sound like a Type A personality. This is likely your biggest challenge.

Learning to let go of many of the things you stress about will go a long way. I started letting go of many of life's stresses because even before my PCS hit full force, I could see what it was doing to me and my relationships. I was a Type A personality with ADD person. I could be miserable to be around some times.

A way to scrutinize the things that you fret about is this simple question. Will I care about this issue next week, next month, or next year? If you look back at the frets of a year ago, you will have a difficult time remembering them let alone whether you came to a solution with them.

Some have said, We spend 90% of our time worrying about things that don't even impact our lives 90% of the time. I botched the quote but hope you get the meaning. Basically, most of what we worry about never come to a need to be even concerned about.

The moral of the point is we need to be very careful to pick our battles. You kids will do great without you/they doing everything conceivable.

Think, What can we (your whole family) do to simplify our lives?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ConcussedinPA (05-19-2011)