View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 05:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Not sure if you are speaking to me or DMOM.

Before the diagnosis of fibro, my neuro had me try PT for 11 weeks. He thought PT on my neck/shoulders may help the headaches. At the time I was only having trouble with my left side. The moist heat felt great, then one person would come in and do a gentle massage, then the therapist would come in and do a more intensive massage. After that, I had to do some band exercises and a stationary bike exercise, then another short massage. By about 6 treatments, the right side began to hurt. By week 11, I was in more pain than when I started...the neuro said no more PT for me.

I was on Topamax for over 1 year with my first neuro, which did nothing, the neuro I have now took me off it.

I went on a candida diet to help with my leaky gut, lost 95#, am thinner than I ever have been in my adult life, walk daily in good weather (can't walk outside in winter months, my Raynauds causes too much trouble), then came my appt with the rhuemy.

The rheumy put me on Meloxicam, Flexeril, and 325 mg aspirin daily. I got very sick, the combination caused a flare in my leaky gut. I told him about it, so he thought he would give me something for my stomach, which I refused. I did mention that I can take Aleve 2x's daily, so he told me to increase it to 2 pills at lunch, 2 at supper, and a baby aspirin...caused more problems with my leaky gut. So, now I am not taking anything except Celexa for the anxiety it all caused. Finally, after 6 weeks I am doing much better leaky gut wise, yet still have the pain. I can deal with the pain much better than gut issues. Our nasty weather has been very hard on my arthritis, but I am holding my own.

Now if I can get my extreme fatigue under control, I will be happier.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote