View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Which diuretic are you on? What is AZT? That is an abbreviation for a retro viral drug.

HCT...is hydrochlorothiazide. A diuretic. This depletes thiamine B1, magnesium, potassium, sodium, zinc and phosphorus.
Loop diuretics like furosemide, deplete thiamine much more.
But HCT also increases urea, and uric acid.

Going back to the sinus infections... did you use alot of antibiotics? Do you remember which ones?

It is possible that you have a low grade infection somewhere that is flaring in you and going quiet?

Have you been tested for H. pylori infection in the stomach?
If you search Google on H. pylori neuropathy you can find many papers linking the two.

If you were on antibiotics alot, I would also suspect Candida overgrowth. This would put a huge drain on your thiamine intake. So trying Benfotiamine may help. Candida puts out alot of aldehyde as a byproduct of metabolism and this can cause paresthesias in the skin.

I'd try some ice packs on the wrists to see if you have nerve entrapment there. This works quickly for carpal tunnel type symptoms, which palm pain may be a part of. When severe this pain can go up the arms. (it did for me when I had it during my pregnancy). If so getting tested for thyroid issues, would be a good idea.

You have something going on that flares. My first bet is on some organism, given that elevated IgM.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote