View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If the nerves on that side were weaker or mildly damaged, I would think any Nitrous exposure would accelerate that.

The studies where Nitrous has caused problems were in people with marginally low B12 to begin with. People with good stores of B12 may not have a reaction from one Nitrous administration.

What other anesthetics were used? Any neuromuscular blocking agents?
This link shows neuromuscular blockade and how it works.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_relaxant
Unfortunately, I don't know what other anesthetics were used...until I see the operative report.

The only things I'm aware of were several cardiac agents used to induce arrhythmias as part of the EPS (like atropine, adrenaline, etc). They also needed multiple rounds of vaso-constrictors as my BP kept dropping (I have neurally mediated hypotension).

One other very odd post-op problem is some very significant nerve pain on the roof of my mouth and portions of my tongue when trying to eat. It is NOT an irritation type pain yet quite profound. Even something very soft causes significant pain. I have heard of PN including burning mouth issues, but have never experienced it before. Something neurally must have been triggered, compressed, irritated, etc. The leg issue (even a little of the same in the left arm/hand) seem more like compression in the neck to effect both, yet the mouth is above the neck so who knows, maybe it's more of a toxic issue. I'm confused for sure.

BTW, my B-12 sits around 900 so I doubt it's an issue.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote