View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default confused

I was diagnosed as having occular headaches. I was diagnosed as having occular migraines. I was diagnosed with occipital neuralgia. And, I have been diagnosed with juvenille onset epilepsy (but not until I was 30.) I don't have seizures all the time even when off medication. Usually, I'll have some symptoms indicating a flare up of my occipital neuralgia and occular headache or sometimes it's been called a cluster headache. Most of my EEG's have been normal with only a few abnormal ones. Once during a cluster of headaches and seizures, I saw an opthamologist who saw that my eye pressure was off, but couldn't see a cause from the pics she took.I've had the nerve block shots and they worked GREAT at first, but gradually became ineffective faster. The first shots lasted for 6 months, then around 4, and finally less than a month. I had Severe bad reactions to Neurotin and Topamax; but was successful on Depakote ER. Then I got pregnant and went off it. My seizures got worse, so they put me on Keppra which actually increased my seizure activity although making each episode less aggressive. Now my neurolgist wants to do an extended stay eeg, but there's No Way we can afford it, and he doesn't appear willing to try anything else OR agree there could be a link between it all. I've had 2 children (now toddlers) and after last nights cluster of myoclonic seizures it looks like I'm going to have to go back on meds. I don't want to do Depakote because of possible birth defects if we were to get pregnant (not trying, but we use natural planning because of religious reasons.) Is all this unheard of? It makes me crazy.
Rachel Indiana Mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote