View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

please know that I didnt just wake up one day and decide to stop. it took 4 years! I failed off of the interferons, and it did some damage to my liver. I went to Copaxone and it took years and years for the damage and frustrations to build up to the point of me not wanting it anymore. The last year I was on it, I begged my family, my MDs, my friends, and my nurses to please just let me stop taking it. In the end I had serious pancrease issues, gastro paresis, liver function troubles, and so on. I ran out of meds to take. There were no others, and Copaxone was my drug of last resort. This is why everyone including my family pushed me so hard to stop.

Please understand how scary this is for your family. All they know is what they have been told, and what you show them. If you show them that you are working as hard as you can towards the goal of optimal health and doing everything in your power you gain their trust and respect. You dont get to quit because you had a bad day or even a bad week. You need at least a bad year to start the conversation. Im sorry if I made it seem that I simply woke up one day and laid down my needles. it wasnt nearly that easy.

Hang in there. Talk to your family. Keep the diagloge going.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (05-19-2011), dmplaura (05-19-2011), SallyC (05-19-2011)