View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 01:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Finally a good night's sleep

I have been diagnosed PD for coming on ten years, I currently take 1.5 carbi/levo 25-100 every 3.5 hours round the clock. I was also taking 200mg Comtan with each carbi/levo dose. I am getting off the Comtan and on to Mirapex ER. I wanted to establish the drugs I am taking and note that when I say every 3.5 hours, I mean round the clock. If in the last two years I ever got more than around 3 hours continuous sleep it was a rare event. I tried several prescription sleeping pills which all made me feel like I had been drugged and so groggy the next day that I was useless.
I want to qualify this by saying that I am just white ratting this and not recommending this regime to anyone else without a doctor's ok. That said, I am now getting 8-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night and feel clear and ready to go the next day. Here's what I'm doing: No liquids within an hour of going to sleep, no coffee or caffeine etc after 4pm. An hour before I'm ready to go to sleep, I take my dose of Carbi/levo, one half of a 1mg alprazolam (this is a teeny, tiny dose) and two Unisom sleep melts (over the counter at the drug store). It's been a life saver for me. I must however say that every time I mention alprazolam to my doc, I get a blank look and the subject gets changed. I don't know why. But... it works remarkably for me.

Last edited by madamlash; 05-19-2011 at 02:16 PM.
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote