View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I don't know if two weeks is enough to set up a tolerance or not.

I do know that when I took my first tablet, of 50mg, I hallucinated all night, and didn't sleep at all.

Then I used 25mg a night here and there, for about 7 doses. I then bumped up to 50mg and no more weird mental effects. But sometimes it does interfere with my sleep. But the next day I feel so much better...it is like it lasts the whole next day for me too. I don't even take it once a week. But I have found bursts of 3 days in a row very good for major pain issues. (mostly arthritis, and some foot burning). It works really well for the burning. Less well for deep intense pain. And it worked pretty well when I had my root canal last year.
Thanks mrsD. Pretty much the same with it's effectiveness for me too. It’s the only drug I’ve found to help with the burning. But I’m really careful with it because it makes me feel so good I want to take it every day. Much more energy, better mood, more talkative and less sleep is needed. I don’t remember it working so well while one Cymbalta or Gabapentin so I think it works better in conjunction with Lyrica. I wish I didn’t need such a large dose though. What’s the prescribed limit for Tramadol?

Last edited by Marty SLC; 05-20-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Marty SLC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote