Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AynaDee View Post
So I am so heartbroken right now.

Everyone in my family is mad at me.

Just was lectured from my mom, explaining that I will end up in a wheelchair and die early in life by making this decision.

This is my life, my body, and im the one that has to live through all of it.

So why is it I can't get support from anyone but you guys and my best friend.

I want to cry so bad right now.
im so sick of the toxic crap im putting into my body and was so happy/excited to give this a chance.

But I guess since everyone has turned against me and is super mad at me, ill just keep sticking myself to make THEM happy
I'm sorry your family is being so difficult. Being mad at someone who is obviously having a difficult time with their treatment is not really being very supportive. It was easier for me to make the decision and then the change because I really didn't have to "please" anyone but myself. I did tell my sons what I was doing but they said they backed me up whatever course I chose.

For those who seem to know more than you do about your current treatment (Rebif) I'd ask them specific questions about the medication. Chances are they won't be able to answer you. Then, I'd tell them the answer and ask them to please be more informed about something they are pushing hard for you to continue that obviously isn't compatible with your body.

It might take a while for others to come to terms with your decision but you're the only one who has to live in your body.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Debbie D (05-20-2011), Dejibo (05-19-2011), dmplaura (05-20-2011), SallyC (05-19-2011)