View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Daniella,
I feel like you too...even though you can be in a room of people they all just don't understand what it takes for us to even get through the day let alone just get out of bed in the morning. I have tried to surround myself with positive supportive people and have limited what I say to those who are negative or who just can't handle it. I had to laugh...tonight someone said they had such a bad day and began to tell me they were mad at their husband last night and today it just spilled over into work blah blah blah. So I said oh wow what a shame to her but inside I started to laugh and thought to myself "Gosh, I would be thrilled with a day like she had!!" I almost seem to laugh at people (at least inside my mind I do) when they tell me about their "bad" day. If I told them what I went through (and I have) they would be really depressed haha. I guess we with rsd do have to have a good sense of humor and be really strong people so we can handle the rest of the world. THis site is the best place for real support and understanding that I found. Good luck and stay positive.
kathy d

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
My mood tends to be all over the place as well. I see a psychiatrist and am on meds. Have you thought of that or therapy? I have limited people in my life but even when I am around others I feel alone. There is an inner sense of sadness,confusion,fear. I try to find ways to comfort myself within. In terms of people understanding in life some will to a degree and some will never. So I try to focus on the ones that try. I reach out for support in ways I can and try to find ways to cope with myself. Hang in there
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote