View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 04:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Deb, I'm interested in what your doctor has offered in the way of treatments, as a comparison to what happened to my daughter.
She was admitted to hospital by ambulance a few years ago when her heart began racing.
She told them what she had but they completely ignored her. They had no knowledge at all of either CFS or M.E.
Her requests for a darkened quiet room were ignored, as was her advice that any blood pressure tests must be done while she is sitting up, not lying down. It is when sitting or standing that the blood pressure drops.
Test that were done were a complete waste of time. They just didn't know what to do and didn't want to be told.
They were very rude, unsympathetic and uncaring.
As far as drugs go, she is very sensitive to them as a general principle, and will always start with a tiny dose-a sixth or a quarter, for a few days to see what happens. She also researches it before agreeing.
You can also get a reaction to the fillers used!
Exercise. If you have M.E. it is very likely that exercise will lead to a sudden relapse. You may be similar. Any exercise should be started very gradually, in tiny increments, and any adverse reaction looked for.
Many CFS 'experts' insist on an exercise routine.
In fact, rest as soon as the illness presents is the best way to lessen its impact. But if you can't get diagnosed quickly, it may be too late.
Fatigue is not a necessary symptom with M.E.-some have it, some don't. My daughter doesn't.
Was your fatigue illness rapid onset or gradual?
Is your doctor still investigating possible causes of it?

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote