View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 09:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not as nice an outcome

11 years ago I was having a new hot tub delivered to my home. The idiot's that delivered it sent ONE GUY to unload the 2,000 lb. tub from the truck and place it on my patio. I volunteered to help. DUMB!!! The idiot that was sent to drop the tub off did just that, on my right big toe. SMASH! That resulted in me having to remove the nail by my Dr.

The procedure was simple, the digital block numbing (yeah, that hurt like #@$@#). Then he simply used a tweezer to lift the nail off. Pack it up with gauze and there it is. It took about 7 months to grow back (if I remember right) and that's where it went bad. Instead of my nail growing back in the gentile crescent shape it grew back in sharp upside-down V. Ever since it's hard to trim, in grows constantly. Really hell. if I wasn't so vain I would have it removed again and have them kill the nail bed so one wouldn't grow back. I HATE feet anyway, (seriously have an anti-foot fetish) but in AZ, sandals are kinda mandatory. I would take a pic of both of my toe nails if you wanted to see how dramatically my nail is an upside-down V if you want, but won't do it unless asked.

Oh, by the way, I DID sue the store I got the hot tub from and my attorney cracked me up when he told me each body part has a value in court. Value of a toe was $2,000. We used that to take a cruise. A friend of mine bought a tub from the same store a year later, the delivery included 4 men to unload the tub.
"Thanks for this!" says:
NeuroNixed Craig (05-20-2011), SallyC (05-20-2011)