View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 09:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nigel, Mike is the best! I even gathered good info from his most recent posts. My wife Suzy had out patient ketamine infusions at GW Hospital in Washington a few ears ago. It was a 4 day affair. Weeks before she had been given Ketamine shots from her doctor. Neither helped her much. The reason I think is because she had RSD for several years already and that the 4 day infusion and shots just was not strong or long enough for her advanced condition. Mike's info for treating those with RSD for several years gives me hope.

"At the moment my parents including myself are very anxious and unsure about this treatment...will it work? is it risky? is it addictive? does it really cure rsd? etc etc...my parents dont want to rush me into it however dr rohr said that time is very important in this condition and treatment is very difficult after 1 year.

At the moment in my condition I am ready to do it if there is a good chance I will come out pain free..we just need to weigh up the pros and cons.."

Keep in mind, my understanding is Ketamine is not a cure. It can put you in a remission where you'll have great relief for several months to several years. For some very little relief. As far as addictive I don't see that being an issue. Anything is possible but I just don't see it happening.

My wife handled her treatments very well and slept most of the time during the infusion. She was a bit woozy and silly coming off of the ketamine and was tired the rest of the day. A few weeks after her 4 day infusion she also had 2 hour lidocaine infusion.

I'll stick my neck out Nigel and advice you to run, not walk, and ready yourself for the infusion. I'll wager you'll do fine. You'll look back and say to yourself that it wasn't all that bad. I strongly believe your doctor gave you sound advice---the earlier the better.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyRI (05-20-2011)