View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 12:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble. I had the MedTronic also back in 2000. I had it implanted for 6 months. One thing you must remember is that it works best for NERVE PAIN and not very good for mechanical pain. I had mine implanted due to sciatica, and I THOUGHT it would work well. After it was implanted, I found that it made the sciatica worse. I had the Medtronic representative reprogram the unit MANY times, but that didn't help. I kept trying the SCS but nothing helped. Then to my surprise, the unit tried to work itself OUT of me. It seems I didn't have enough "fat content" in my body to hold the SCS in. So I had to have it removed. I really wasn't sorry.

Your representative SHOULD be reprogramming your unit for you until he finds where it works best for you. If he isn't performing his job, I would CALL MedTronic and tell them what is happening. Ask them to send another representative if this one is being disrespectful. He shouldn't be "rolling his eyes" at you and acting like a jerk!!! Complain to MedTronic!! I sure would. Afterall, they are working for YOU.

Best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress. Sending prayers your way. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote