View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigel ep3 05 View Post
Hey guys,

The doctor advised me to go home for now and relax (or do my best to lol) as he will be away for at least 2 weeks. I travelled back to Malta yesterday and the pain I felt was petrifying, never felt the shocks, burning and lasers so strong!

Anyway, regarding the treatment, Dr. Rohr is planning to give me a 10 day inpatient treatment through a Hickman line (quite scared about the procedure!) and be hospitalised for 14 days. The first 2 days they will inject a low dose and increase gradually till I reach my limit and I am out of pain and 'awake'. Then I will remain 5 days on that dose and gradually decrease. The aim is obviously that I am pain free after the 10 day treatment.

Is this the normal 5 day inpatient technique or is it slightly stronger/longer?

And thanks so much for your help and support Mike and Jim
I think its stronger, which is a good thing. I know the unknown can be spooky but you will be fine. Like I said you'll be sleeping and perhaps dreaming most of the time. My wife was giddy after hers, meaning she was high as a kite but not at all freaking out or climbing the walls but spacey. The effects didn't last long with her. Yours will be more, my understanding is ketamine doesn't stay in your system long so your head should clear up and hopefully you'll be pain free. I wish my wife had this 10 day treatment instead, maybe she will consider it in the future. Please keep us posted and Good Luck!!

jim
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote