View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 02:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New symptom: ringing in ears

OK, I'm now at day 13 of my recovery from a mild concussion. It's been slow, but I felt I had been making good progress: intermittent but pretty mild headache, instability/dislocation more or less gone (as long as I didn't overexert myself), gradually increasing mobility indoors + short walks outdoors, better mood, etc.

But last night some family came over for dinner (I'm currently staying with my parents), and I had probably the most social activity since my injury. Over the course of an hour, I had various conversations and, without really thinking about it (lesson learned), played with my three-year-old nephew and hoisted him a couple of times.

Towards the end, I started to feel as though I might have overexerted myself - not by a lot, though. I went to bed and felt a tinge of the old symptoms (slightly aching/woozy head), but I felt better fairly quickly (after about 20-30 mins). It didn't really feel like a true setback - more like just pushing beyond my 80% limit.

However, I woke up several hours later, just after midnight, with a slight but noticeable ringing in my ears. This is a new symptom for me. It's weird - in other respects I feel OK (my other symptoms seem to be at bay). Is this something I can expect to resolve over time? Should I be going back to "square one" of total rest for the next few days? My girlfriend was going to come visit today, but I don't want to make things worse again with overactivity...
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote