View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 04:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
hi Nigel,

I did a 10 day ketamine outpatient low dose treatment here in the states 13 months ago, and it went really well. it sounds like my doses were lower than yours will be, but my doctor's policy was to not tell the patient what their dose was, so I don't know for sure what I received the entire 2 week period I was treated. I do know that my final dose was 150 mg titrated over 4 hours.

It's interesting to read about how your doc has instructed you to minimize stress and physical activity subsequent to your infusions to maximize their effectiveness. I returned to work FT 2 months after starting ketamine, and I have been working pretty long hours. My job is highly technical and can be really stressful. and on top of that, I walk a lot -several miles a day at least, or as many as 5 or 6, up and down a lot of hills. AND I have 2 teenagers that stress me out too.

So I go through ketamine like nobody's business!! I am a ketamine docs dream come true... I've had 41 infusions in 13 months. My typical protocol is 150 mg titrated over 4 hours 2days in a row every 4 weeks.

I have never been told to reduce my activity levels, I actually thought I was doing the right thing by keeping my body in good shape. the job is a necessity, but my kids...ugh. a few years, maybe??

I truly hope you do well, and thanks so much for your post. I appreciate getting another perspective on this -please keep us updated on your progress!

Take care, xoxo Sandy

Hey Sandy,

Thats great to hear that your ketamine treatment works great for you. May I ask how bad and how long your RSD was before you did your first ketamine treatment?

Thanks for your encouragment,

Nigel
nigel ep3 05 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote