View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 08:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fruit and vegetable smoothies

Sharon butler recommends that you drink a lot of water when stretching to relieve repetitive strain injuries. I've also read studies where people who eat alot of raw fruits and vegetables tend to be more flexible and pain free, so I've combined these ideas and started drinking a lot of fruit and vegetable smoothies. I've been doing this every day since last Christmas when I got a blender.

I start out by putting about 2 cups of water in the blender and then adding raw spinach, coleslaw mix, baby carrots, bananas, apples, oranges, frozen berries, frozen peaches, frozen pineapple, and sometimes a little bit of yogurt. I don't put all that in at once, usually 4 or 5 different things. The frozen stuff is nice because it's already cleaned and cut up and it doesn't spoil. If you put enough fruit in there these things actually taste pretty good.

I try to drink at least two of these a day. Do I think it helps any? It's hard to say but I figure all the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and enzymes aren't going to hurt any.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
CANDIE66 (05-25-2012), Jomar (05-21-2011), mspennyloafer (05-21-2011)