View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Zanaflex is mainly a muscle relaxer and also prescribed for many off the label issues like migraine, fibromyalgia etc., All these medicines affects brain ofcourse. One significant side effect people reported is it makes you sleepy.

I was on Klonopin for 6 months and one doc changed from Xanax to Klonopin. Klonopin stays longer and not good for me because next day I felt exhaused like a truck ran over me and then I switched to Xanax and now don't take it. Also I tried in the morning and at bed time and benzo sleep for me was disaster.

Xanax in the morning (very low dosage) worked good for me and brought my dizziness, headache, fatigue down and also gave me energy. Weird! One psychologist reasoned it calms the misfiring neurons and keep the brain calm which in turn gave energy. Unfortunately my body got used to that and after few weeks I didn't feel like that so it is either go up or quit and suffer and I quit. If Klonopin never worked then no point in taking. If it worked and then it means your body got used to it may be.

Last edited by pcslife; 05-21-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typed something which gave wrong context
pcslife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote