View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

It's hard......and that's an understatement! Nobody knows which is the best route to take....including the doctors.....but all we can do is try them all and then stick with the one that we feel most comfortable with.

MS is such a mystery of a disease. It would be so much easier if we all had the same symptoms and there was one medicine that would help all of us. But, that's not the case.

It took me several years to finally get my own personal treatment plan honed in to what I'm doing now. Lots of trial and error. Lots of money spent which I didn't have.

I know you're anxious to get on something that helps your condition and doesn't make you feel terrible in the meantime. If you're planning to talk to your Neuro about switching to another treatment I'd suggest arming yourself with information about whatever meds you're willing to try. If your doctor is willing to prescribe LDN here is a website that gives lots of info about it. www.lowdosenaltrexone.org
Let him know you've done your research and know about the drugs.

Good luck!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AynaDee (05-21-2011), Dejibo (05-21-2011), dmplaura (05-21-2011), SallyC (05-21-2011)