View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry

That is crazy! Acetamenophen and ibuprofen? What does he think you have a headache lol? I swear I think some of them rec'd their degrees online from a college on the back of a matchstick cover! I live in Ohio btw and I swear every day there is a headline in our newspaper about cracking down on prescription drugs. I was going to post a link from todays "Big" headline but the page is acting up. A few articles has stated a few hundred ppl have overdosed on prescription drugs in Ohio in the last year. Ok even one is unacceptable but come on how many die from illegal drugs? Heart disease? Car accidents? O.M.V.I's? They make it so one-sided it sounds like a pandemic. Yes the pill mills are bad especially because of them the doctors who prescribe pain meds to legitimate patients are terrified to do so now and as a result it seems like we are going back to the dark ages where the health community feels like pain is just a side note and heaven forbid we prescribe opiates to terminal patients because hey they might become addicts! I keep telling myself this to shall pass but it still angers me the way the medical field is treating people with chronic pain conditions and acting like we are no better than bottom feeding junkies living on the streets because we want to be able to have some quality of life that unfortunately opiates has become the only release from unrelenting pain.

Oh here's a little sidenote too, My daughter called me at 3am last nite to let me know her neighbor who had had cancer had passed away. She had been at the house with his wife while all the appropiate calls had been made, she said the city police SWOOPED in with 2 police cruisers and 4 officers and had just barely been beat by funeral home to grab up his medications! She said it made it look like a crime scene instead of just a gentle soul passing away from cancer.
I guess you understand where I'm coming from since you were in law enforcement too. I did not ask to placed on disability I was PLACED on disability by their disability doctor and deemed unable to perform my duties and now the medical community is making me feel like I'm some kind of faker and that chronic pain does not exist. I'm sorry I just get soo tired of labeled something I am not nor will ever be....
Robyn6447 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote