View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I know exactly what you're referring to and I've experienced the same thing even with my own family. I've told my family SO many times all of the things that I go through on a day to day basis and yet SO often because I don't actually LOOK sick or like I feel terrible they think I'm fine and that it's all in my head. And for those that do believe me, they only seem to remember or show concern about one symptom, which for me they're all bad. ha ha.

So it is very difficult to explain to someone what you're going through and to actually get them to understand how it affects you. I've kind of gotten to the point where I try and look at myself as someone who is disabled (even though my life style doesn't reflect that). That way, I can look at what I am doing and seeing that whatever I'm able to accomplish is a BIG deal. You wouldn't expect someone who couldn't walk to run a marathon, so then why should those of us dealing with PCS be forced into a guilt trip that we aren't doing enough?

Just my thoughts and something I am trying to accept as a reality for myself. I hope it helps.
Jingles1987 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote