Thread: Burn?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Burn?

Well.... I'm trying to decide just exactly what I did to myself!

On Tuesday I was making mashed potatoes for dinner. Well, when I went to drain the potatoes I was holding the strainer in one hand (not too smart for someone who sees double) and the pan of potatoes fresh off the stove in the other. I'm sure you can see where this is going! When I went to pour the water into the strainer I apparently poured the water over my arm! It only felt like maybe a little steam hit me but it didn't feel like it really burnt me. But, my hubby happened to be watching, while busy with something else, and said I poured boiling water on my arm.

I didn't think anything of it after that. The next day I showed up with some red spots on my arm, in that area. They didn't hurt and I didn't think anything of it, didn't even remember about the water. Thursday it started to hurt. Yesterday I was at my Mom's when I realized that it was probably a burn. She gave me burn free to put on it. It relieved the pain right away, then 45 minutes later it started forming blisters!

I tried Benedryl but the blisters kept forming. I called the dr yesterday. They said if I develop a fever, the blisters start forming outside of the burn, or the burn grows to call the on-call dr back.

I'm wondering if it really is a burn or not, then are the blisters an allergic reaction? It was a little ironic that the blisters formed right after putting the burn free on there.

The weird thing is that the blisters form a ring, and they're still growing. If they're still growing by Monday I will probably be going to the doctors. As it is right now it hurts to bend or extend my wrist in any direction.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea if it could be something different or if anyone has any advise? Thank you in advance! Sorry this is soo long.
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (05-22-2011), Lady (05-22-2011)